02 Mar 2020 China legal update: NCP Outbreak: Special Epidemic Preventive Measures on Overseas Travelers
NCP Outbreak: Special Epidemic Preventive Measures on Overseas Travelers
Followed wide concern these days on the surging number of cases in overseas, on February 26, 2020, five passengers from South Korea were found to be having a fever on a plane when arrived at Weihai1 airport. Weihai, together with other cities in China, is currently strengthening local preventive measures to monitor the incoming travelers in face of the spread of the COVID-19, for example:
Recently, the officially released number of confirmed NCP patients rose to 3736 in South Korea (with 20 deaths), 1694 in Italy (with 34 deaths), 256 in Japan (with 6 deaths) and 593 in Iran (with 54 deaths). As NCP epidemic continues to spread across the world, other cities in China might further release the preventive rules gradually to adapt to the situation. Should you need any detailed restrictions in your arrival city, please kindly contact email@example.com.
II. Legal News: China Seeks Public Comments on Regulations for PRC Permanent Residence of Foreigners
On February 27, 2020, PRC Ministry of Justice released PRC Administrative Regulations of Permanent Residence of Foreigners (Draft for Comments) (the “Draft”) for soliciting public comments by March 27, 2020. The Draft includes most of the current implemented rules, for example, foreigners who made a great and extraordinary contributions to China, who are world-class talents, special skilled professionals and so forth are entitled to apply for the permanent residence. In addition, the Draft also broadens the channels for more foreigners to apply for the permanent residence. We would like to draw your attention to the following foreigners who are proposed to be eligible for applying for the permanent residence in the Draft:
1. Foreigners working in China with good tax and credit records who are either of the following:
(1) Foreigners who have a doctoral degree or graduated from renowned universities, and have worked in China for at least 3 years (during which the actual accumulated living period in China shall not be less than 1 year);
(2) Foreigners who meet the annual income standard:
Taking Beijing for example, the average monthly salary in Beijing is RMB 78558. Thus, 3 times of average monthly salaries would be RMB 23,565; 4 times of average monthly salaries would be RMB 31,420; and 6 times of average monthly salaries would be RMB 47,130.
2. Foreigners who have made investment in China with stable operation/good tax paying record for at least three consecutive years and the investment in China is equivalent to more than RMB 10 million.
3. Foreign spouses and underage children of the above-mentioned foreigners.
1. A coastal city in Shandong Province.
5. Located in Shandong Province. See: http://news.qtv.com.cn/system/2020/02/25/015568049.shtml
6. Located in Shandong province. See:
7. Located in Liaoning Province. See:
Litigation service platform: http://www.tjcourt.gov.cn/tjfyss/
Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.