20 Avr 2021 NCP Outbreak: COVID-19 Vaccination in China
I. NCP Outbreak: COVID-19 Vaccination in China
Vaccination is regarded as the most effective means to control the spread of Covid-19. In China, vaccine injection is on a voluntary basis and the result is till now optimistic. It is reported that 189.809 million doses of vaccines had been injected across China till April 17, 2021. We hereby give you a brief introduction about current China’s vaccination system.
• What type of vaccine in China?
China’s domestic inactivated vaccines, with an efficacy of 79.34%.
• How many injections should be taken?
Two doses are required.
The recommended interval between two does is at least 3 weeks.
• Who are not recommended to take the vaccine?
Individuals who have fever, other severe diseases, or severe chronic diseases, etc.
Individuals who are allergic to the ingredients of the vaccine. Pregnant or breastfeeding women.
• Are the vaccines free?
Individuals (including foreigners living in China) who have joined China’s social medial insurance scheme shall take vaccine free of charge.
Otherwise, the cost is around RMB 100 per dose.
• When can foreigners living in China take the vaccine?
We list below specific start date when foreigners living in China are entitled to take vaccines in major cities:
Should you need more details about how to make the appointment, please feel free to contact email@example.com.
II. Legal News:
Food Safety: China to Further Improve Safety of Imported and Exported Food
On April 13, 2021, China issued two administrative measures (“Measures”) to improve the safety of imported and exported food and the Measures will be effective as of January 1, 20221.
We summarize the following interesting points:
1. New labeling standard on imported health food/special dietary food2
For imported health food/special dietary food, the labeling standard is stricter in the Measures, in which labels shall be printed in Chinese on the smallest sale package, additional affixed stickers are not allowed.
2. Validity period of registration of overseas food manufacturers changed from 4 years to 5 years3
For imported food, a registration process is requested to be conducted for overseas food manufacturers. Previously, upon registration, the validity period of such registration of overseas food manufacturers was 4 years, and now the Measures extend it into 5 years.
In China, for domestic food manufacturers, the validity period for its Food Producing License is also 5 years. This change is to make the two validity periods consistent with each other.
3. Video inspection was introduced in the Measures4
Previously, Customs could conduct an on-site inspection under certain circumstances. However, due to the outbreak of Covid-19, it is not always convenient to conduct an on-site inspection. The Measures newly add a flexible inspection method – video inspection – to solve this issue. However, detailed requirements have not explained yet.
Should you have any inquiry about the above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, Asiallians remains at your service and our teams are currently mobilized in all our offices in Mainland China, in Hong Kong and in Taipei.
1. The General Administration of Customs issued Administrative Measures for Safety of Imported and Exported Food and Administration Regulations of Overseas manufacturers of Imported Food.
2. Article 30 of Administrative Measures for Safety of Imported and Exported Food
3. Article 16 of Administration Regulations of Overseas manufacturers of Imported Food
4. Article 14 of Administrative Measures for Safety of Imported and Exported Food
Feel free to contact email@example.com for more information.