16 Mar 2020 China legal update: NCP Outbreak: Special Epidemic Preventive Measures on Inbound Travelers (III)
NCP Outbreak: Special Epidemic Preventive Measures on Inbound Travelers (III)
The number of new confirmed cases continues to rise worldwide since the Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia (“NCP”) case was diagnosed in dozens of other countries. The risk of infections from abroad is rising, for example, Shenzhen has confirmed one case from France on March 11, 2020. Chinese government introduced multiple preventive measures on inbound travelers, including 14-day quarantine, health declaration,1 medical inspection, screening, transfer to quarantine, etc. Many local Chinese authorities timely and dynamically roll out the preventive measures on inbound travelers. We hereby update the latest measures adopted in some important cities:
1. 14-day Quarantine
2. Measures Carried Out by China Customs
Please note that the measures adopted are evolving and we will keep monitoring the further adjustment. Should you need to have more real-time information regarding quarantine or examination conducted by customs of port, we recommend to check with your community or airport. As always, ASIALLIANS is fully operational and remains at your service. email@example.com.
NCP Outbreak: What You Should Know About the Preferential Polices on the Social Insurance Premiums to Support Enterprises in China
On February 18. 2020, Premier Li Keqiang stated in an executive meeting of the State Council that the enterprise social insurance8 premiums, including pension, unemployment, and occupational injury insurance premiums, will be reduced or exempted for enterprise outside Hubei Province.9 Following the pledge from the central government, regional governments in China are rolling out a slew of policies to support enterprise in long run by reducing, exempting, and deferring certain social insurance premiums. We hereby provide you the most updated information on local policies that have been released in some important cities or provinces.
1. Reduction or Exemption Policy10
2. Deferred Payment Policy18
Enterprises are kindly advised to pay close attention to local preferential polices regarding social insurance. Should you need to have more details of the policy in your city, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. By telephone consultation.
6. By telephone consultation
7. Health declaration form is translated in ten-plus languages and could be filled in via a specifically-developed App on mobile phone before they arrive at the port. The App will generate a QR code for inspection at the port after online application.
8. In China, there are five types social insurances, which are pension insurance, unemployment insurance, medical insurance, occupational injury insurance and maternity insurance.
10. In summary:
• For the large enterprises (“LE”), they enjoy reduction policy on pension, unemployment, and occupational injury insurance from February to April, 2020.
• For the small and medium sized enterprises (“SME”), they enjoy exemption policy on pension, unemployment, and occupational injury insurance from February to June, 2020.
• For all enterprise (“AE”), they enjoy reduction policy on medical insurance from February to June, 2020.
18. No later fee produced during the deferred or extension period.
20. The enterprise faces serious difficulties in production and operation due to the Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia (“NCP”).
21. The enterprise’s operating income in the latest month is more than 50% lower than the average operating income in the quarter of 2019.
22. The enterprise is not included in the list of serious dishonest persons of social insurance or the list of joint punishment for dishonesty.
23. The enterprise undertakes and ensures to pay in time before the expiration of the deferred payment period.
24. The enterprise shall perform the obligation to withhold and remit the individual contributions of the employees on a monthly basis according to law.
Feel free to contact email@example.com for more information.