19 Mar 2021 NCP Outbreak: Part of China Travel Restriction Lifted
1. Part of China Travel Restriction Lifted
Time: Since March 16, 2021
Lifted Restriction: Travelers from low-risk areas do not need for negative nucleic acid test certificate and may take planes or trains with green code.
People in the following circumstances still need 7-day negative nucleic acid test certificate before travelling:
(1) fever outpatients, inpatients and other suspected groups;
(2) overseas travelers returning to Beijing;
(3) people in Beijing who had overlap with the people or region involved in the epidemic;
(4) travelers entering Beijing by direct flight from Hong Kong1
2. Visa Application Relaxation for Chinese Vaccine Recipients
Around March 15, 2021, Chinese embassies in the first batch of countries2announced a relaxation on visa application for certain categories of foreigners who have taken Covid-19 vaccines (made in China) and obtained the certificate.
The visa application relaxation includes:
(1) Visa application for resuming normal operation (work, business, visit): Applicants may only submit the application materials according to the requirements before Covid-19.
(2) Visa application for emergency humanitarian needs:
Qualified applicant group: foreign family members of Chinese citizens or permanent residents of China, including spouse, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, and grandchildren.
Qualified visiting purpose: family reunion, support for the elderly relatives, visiting relatives, attending funeral or visiting critically ill relatives.
(3) Visa application by APEC business travel card holders
Holders of valid APEC business travel cards may apply for the business visa by submitting 1) APEC business travel card, and 2) the invitation letter issued by the inviting entity in China.
Should you have any inquiry about the above news, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As always, Asiallians remains at your service and our teams are currently mobilized in all our offices in Mainland China, in Hong Kong and in Taipei.
1. The negative nucleic acid test certificate must be issued by a medical institution recognized by the government of the Hong Kong SAR
2. The first batch includes: Pakistan, Indonesia, Israel, Thailand, Nepal, Kuwait, Rwanda, Algeria, Gabon, the Federated States of Micronesia, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Spain, Switzerland, Belgium, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Belarus, Sri Lanka, Philippines, South Korea, Japan, Afghanistan, Laos
Feel free to contact email@example.com for more information.